[Firebird-odbc-devel] ODBC and Bigint in MS Access
b***@fau.de
2013-02-28 08:41:10 UTC
Hello,

we stepped over a small problem with current odbc driver and MS
Access:

BIGINT (in our Db primary keys) fields are presented as text 255
fields in access.

Trying another client via odbc they are presented as flaot fields
wich seems to be a littel bit better than text 255 but not what I'd
expect.

Can anybody give me the info where there could be a problem and how
to get bigint as a number to access via odbc?

There must be a problem in Access as I found people mentioning
similar problems with MS SQL Server and Access.

Björn

W O
2013-03-01 03:56:25 UTC
A similar problem happens with Visual FoxPro, the bigints fields of
Firebird are translated as character(19)

Why?

No idea, but so it is. The solution is easy, the VAL() function solves the
problem by casting the character(19) field to a numeric field, but at first
it is annoying.

I have to live with that.

Greetings.

Walter.