[Firebird-odbc-devel] Problem Firebird 1.5 IBPhoenix ODBC
Bart Smissaert
2010-07-19 12:41:28 UTC
Have a customer where there is a problem with the IBPhoenix driver
handling a query of the type:

select
first 1000

Falling over on the number 1000 with token unknown.
I have tried both the 1.2 driver and the 2.0 driver and both have the
same problem.
On the home system (same setup, 1.2 driver) this query runs fine.
Any idea what the problem could be here?

RBS
Mark Ford
2010-07-19 12:59:24 UTC
Hi Bart,

Are you sure that one of the zeros isn't a capital 'O' (oh) in the
customer's SQL? Maybe in your tests you copy and pasted from the script
they sent? If one of the zeros was an O then it will fail with a token
unknown error. Just a wild guess though.

-Mark

Bart Smissaert
2010-07-19 13:05:29 UTC
Sure, they are proper zero's.
Thanks for the suggestion though.
This is very puzzeling!

RBS
André Knappstein, Controlling
2010-07-19 13:04:25 UTC
Could this by any chance be an application where the BDE is used?
I saw this on machines with BDE settings not properly configured.

mit freundlichen Grüßen,

André Knappstein
EDV und Controlling
beta Eigenheim- und Grundstücksverwertungsgesellschaft mbH
Hafenweg 4
59192 Bergkamen-Rünthe

Telefon: +49 2389 9240 140
Telefax: +49 2389 9240 150
e-mail: ***@beta-eigenheim.de

Amtsgericht Hamm Nr. B 420
Geschäftsführer: Achim Krähling, Dirk Salewski und Matthias Steinhaus

USt-IDNr.: DE 125215402

~~~Ihre Nachricht~~~

---
Bart Smissaert
2010-07-19 13:39:39 UTC
Good suggestion will have a look at that and report back.

RBS

Dimitry Sibiryakov
2010-07-19 13:21:56 UTC
Post by Bart Smissaert
Have a customer where there is a problem with the IBPhoenix driver
select
first 1000
Falling over on the number 1000 with token unknown.
Full and exact error text, please.
Post by Bart Smissaert
Any idea what the problem could be here?
This customer uses NOT Firebird 1.5.
SY, SD.
Bart Smissaert
2010-07-19 14:01:27 UTC
Will double-check, but I am sure he does use FB 1.5
Installation is part of clinical patient software and all machines
access the same database
over the network.

RBS
Bart Smissaert
2010-07-21 13:36:04 UTC
Have checked now with this customer and the BDE is not even present on
that machine, so
I don't think the problem lies with that. Have also checked the
Firebird version and that
looks fine as well:
DBMS Name Firebird 1.5
DBMS Version 06.03.4910 WI-V Firebird 1.5
Also checked the version of the file IscDbc.dll and that is fine (same
as mine) as well.
Bear in mind that there only is a problem with SQL of the type:
select first X
all else is fine.

Any other suggestions and thanks in advance for that?

RBS