[Firebird-odbc-devel] Problems with MS Access and Unicode
Henner Kollmann
2010-11-21 14:20:52 UTC
Hello,

if you use the odbc driver with MS Access and UTF8 fields you always get a
#deleted message.
This described here:

http://www.easysoft.com/support/kb/kb00929.html.

I patched the driver source to return a SQL_C_CHAR instead of SQL_C_WCHAR
and created a new MsVc90 project to generate an odbc driver named "Firebird
driver for MS Access".

This new driver works with MS Access 2003 and 2007 with Unicode databases.

Is anybody interested in this patch? How can I submit it?

Best regards,
Henner
Alexander Potapchenko
2010-11-21 19:44:06 UTC
Post by Henner Kollmann
Hello,
if you use the odbc driver with MS Access and UTF8 fields you always get a
#deleted message.
http://www.easysoft.com/support/kb/kb00929.html.
I patched the driver source to return a SQL_C_CHAR instead of SQL_C_WCHAR
and created a new MsVc90 project to generate an odbc driver named "Firebird
driver for MS Access".
This new driver works with MS Access 2003 and 2007 with Unicode databases.
Is anybody interested in this patch? How can I submit it?
Best regards,
Henner
Hi Henner,

I can look at your patch. You can send it me or publish it in the
Firebird-odbc-devel mail list.
Does your patch for sources of the ODBC driver 2.0 RC2 ?

Regards
Alexander
Alexander Potapchenko
Henner Kollmann
2010-11-21 20:45:01 UTC
It's a patch for the current cvs version. I'll send you a patch tomorrow.

Regards
Henner
Alexander Potapchenko
Henner Kollmann