[Firebird-odbc-devel] 32 bit ODBC connection on 64 bit machine
Peter Barrett
2011-09-02 11:59:06 UTC
Hello,

I am trying to make a connection between MS Access 2010 32 bit and a
Firebird database(Fishbowl Inventory) using ODBC. I am running Windows 7
Home Premium ver. 6.17601 SP 1 on a 64 bit machine. I have installed both
the 32 bit and 64 bit Firebird/InterbaseR ODBC drivers ver. 2.00.00.151. I
can successfully connect to the database with a system DSN using the 64 bit
driver. I cannot make a connection with the 32 bit driver which I believe I
need to use with MS Access 32 bit. Any ideas? Would migrating to MS Office
64 bit work?

Thanks.

Peter
Alexander Potapchenko
2011-09-02 12:20:26 UTC
Post by Peter Barrett
Hello,
I am trying to make a connection between MS Access 2010 32 bit and a
Firebird database(Fishbowl Inventory) using ODBC. I am running Windows
7 Home Premium ver. 6.17601 SP 1 on a 64 bit machine. I have installed
both the 32 bit and 64 bit Firebird/Interbase® ODBC drivers ver.
2.00.00.151. I can successfully connect to the database with a system
DSN using the 64 bit driver. I cannot make a connection with the 32
bit driver which I believe I need to use with MS Access 32 bit. Any
ideas? Would migrating to MS Office 64 bit work?
Thanks.
Peter
Hi,

32-bit ODBC driver requires the 32-bit firebird client (fbclient.dll).
Do you have this client version on your computer?

Alexander
--
Alexander Potapchenko
Lead developer
LASP technology, http://www.lasptech.ru
Peter Barrett
2011-09-02 12:53:47 UTC
No. The client is 64-bit (fbclient64.dll)

Peter