[Firebird-odbc-devel] ODBC Driver Project Lives Again
Alexander Potapchenko
2010-10-18 17:05:49 UTC
Hi to all,

I resume development of the ODBC driver. The primary goal to finish ODBC
driver 2.0 (with full x64 support and fixed "blocker" level problems) now.
If you are having any problems with the current driver but have not
reported them because the sub-project wasn't active, then to add them to
the Bag tracker now.

Regards,
Alexander
--
Alexander Potapchenko
Senior developer
Roberto Carlos | Unimed
2010-10-18 17:32:22 UTC
Good! I am very concerned about the fact that the latest stable version of
the ODBC driver for firebird on September 5, 2004. How many systems can
communicate with the Firebird ODBC Driver through we were running the risk
that the development of this driver does not follow the development of
versions of firebird. Hopefully the shekel of developing new versions of
this driver will not take so long.

Jorge Andrés Brugger
2010-10-18 17:47:27 UTC
Great news!!

Where is the "bag tracker"? //Some kind of ecology system? ;)/

/Really, it´s a very good announcement. Thanks!/
/
Regards!
Alexander
GMS - Ulrich Hutter
2010-10-18 21:01:28 UTC
dear alex,

do you know, when "now" is?
how can i write to "bag tracker"?
thx a lot

Herzliche Grüße vom Katschberg

PS: Kommen Sie zum nächsten E-Commerce Workshop am 19.10.2010 ab 13.00 Uhr im Hotel Schönruh in Seefeld.

Besuchen Sie uns bei der "Alles für den Gast" von 06. bis 10.11.2010 - Halle 4 Stand 403.
Wir freuen uns auf Ihren Besuch - hier geht es zur Hallenübersicht.

Ulrich Hutter
Programmierung & Geschäftsführung
und stolzer Vater: www.hutter.at/konrad
GMS Zentrale
5582 St. Michael im Lungau, Katschberg 423
Tel: +43/4734/627 50, Fax: +43/4734/627 51
***@gms.info, www.gms.info
Firma: GMS Hutter GmbH & Co KG, Rechtsform: GmbH & Co KG, Firmensitz: Salzburg, Firmenbuchnummer: FN 172325 w, Firmenbuchgericht: Handelsgericht
Salzburg, DVR: 1042688, Komplementär: Hutter GmbH, Sitz: 5582 St. Michael, Katschberg 423, FB-Gericht Salzburg, FN 196476k

Wichtiger Hinweis: Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse oder sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich
erhalten haben, ist Ihnen eine Kenntnisnahme des Inhalts, eine Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdrücklich untersagt. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie uns
und vernichten Sie die empfangene E-Mail. Vielen Dank.

processed by David.fx
Subject: [Firebird-odbc-devel] ODBC Driver Project Lives Again (18-Okt-2010 19:05)

firebird-odbc-***@lists.sourceforge.net
Ann W. Harrison
2010-10-18 21:21:15 UTC
Post by GMS - Ulrich Hutter
how can i write to "bag tracker"?
Alex meant to write "bug tracker" which is available
here:

http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa?pid=10004

Good luck,

Ann
stevyn dembo
2010-10-18 21:11:02 UTC
Hi:
Don't know what the bag tracker is.
This has been an outstanding problem for over a year now:

I am continuing to get these errors using OdbcFb.dll version 2.0.0.148.  These are entries in the Windows 2003 R2 event log:

Faulting application dllhost.exe, version 5.2.3790.3959, faulting module OdbcFb.dll, version 2.0.0.148, fault address 0x00022cc4.

The system has called a custom component and that component has failed and generated an exception. This indicates a problem with the custom component. Notify the developer of this component that a failure has occurred and provide them with the information below.
Component Prog ID:
Server Application ID: {6EA2FA28-A7F8-4BA7-97FD-FEC4901A2248}
Server Application Instance ID:
{CDF2EC1D-2890-4019-853E-DF47053C76E9}
Server Application Name: LSMSWAPP
The serious nature of this error has caused the process to terminate.
Exception: C0000005
Address: 0x10022CC4
Call Stack:
OdbcFb!SQLSetStmtAttrW + 0x204

I reported this problem a while back but have not seen anything since to resolve this issue.
This problem is negatively impacting a production system.  Should I be posting this problem elsewhere?

Firebird Server Version is WI-V2.1.2.18118 Firebird 2.1

Any help in addressing this issue would be appreciated.

regards,
stevyn r dembo

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended you are hereby notified

that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this

communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended reader, then you must destroy this communication immediately.

Senior developer
Helen Borrie
2010-10-18 22:51:12 UTC
Post by stevyn dembo
Don't know what the bag tracker is.
Firebird Project's bug tracker. Everything you need to know is here:

http://www.firebirdsql.org/index.php?op=devel&sub=odbc

Helen