[Firebird-odbc-devel] firebird newbies question: firebird->odbc
Jan Bleiss
2014-10-14 16:36:31 UTC

I installed firebird 2.5 (32 bit) and the 32-bit Frebird odbc driver
local on my machine today. I have created two users and one database
successful. Now I try to connect the database to odbc. I have opened the
Windows odbc admin tool (Windows 8.1 64 bit). I added the DNS, the
localisation of database, my users name and the password. When I click
on "test connection" I get the message "open database
D:\FSM-FIREBIRD\FSMDB.FDB failed". What could be the reason for that.

Thank you, kind regards
Jan
Woody
2014-10-14 16:47:33 UTC
Jan Bleiss
2014-10-15 08:04:50 UTC
Thanks a lot, I am connected ;-) (BTW the next questions lurk beneath
the surface :-D )

Regards, Jan
Post by Woody
If you installed the 32 bit version ODBC, then you have to go to the 32 bit ODBC driver configuration of Windows by executing c:\windows\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe on the run menu.
If you use the control panel, you are using the 64 bit ODBC and it won’t work that way.
HTH,
Woody