[Firebird-odbc-devel] Problems with null fields on Win 64 bit
Kjell Rilbe
2010-09-09 14:02:14 UTC

I just migrated a working ASP (not aspx) application from a 32 bit
Windows server to a Windows 2008 Wed 64 bit. Firebird 2.1.3.18185 64 bit
classic. ODBC driver Firebird_ODBC_2.0.0.148_x64.exe.

After the migration I have problems with null values. I have a select
that returns one row and in some columns it returns null. When I try to
access a null field's Value from VBScript I get an error.

Any ideas?

Here's a printout when I try to access all the Field object's properties
one by one:

Name: FirstName

ActualSize: Error 458: Variable uses an Automation type not supported in
VBScript

Attributes: 100

DefinedSize: 50

NumericScale: 255

OriginalValue: Error 3251: Current Recordset does not support updating.
This may be a limitation of the provider, or of the selected locktype.

Precision: 255

Type: 200

UnderlyingValue: Error 3251: Current provider does not support
refreshing underlying values.

Value: Error -2147217887: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated
errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.
ADO error info:
each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.
Help context: 0
Help file:
Native error: 0
Error number: -2147217887 (0x80040E21)
Error source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
SQL state:

Properties.Count: 20

Properties(0): BASECATALOGNAME =

Properties(1): BASECOLUMNNAME = FirstName

Properties(2): BASESCHEMANAME =

Properties(3): BASETABLENAME = Users

Properties(4): CLSID =

Properties(5): COLLATINGSEQUENCE =

Properties(6): COMPUTEMODE =

Properties(7): DATETIMEPRECISION =

Properties(8): DEFAULTVALUE =

Properties(9): DOMAINCATALOG =

Properties(10): DOMAINSCHEMA =

Properties(11): DOMAINNAME =

Properties(12): HASDEFAULT =

Properties(13): ISAUTOINCREMENT = False

Properties(14): ISCASESENSITIVE = True

Properties(15): ISSEARCHABLE = Error 458: Variable uses an Automation
type not supported in VBScript

Properties(16): ISUNIQUE =

Properties(17): OCTETLENGTH = 50

Properties(18): KEYCOLUMN = False