[Firebird-odbc-devel] Connecting firebird
Mark Murphy
2012-01-29 00:05:40 UTC
Dear firebird helpers

I've just installed firebird the for the first time using (on Windows 7 64
bit Dell)

Firebird-2.5.1.26351_1_x64.exe
Firebird_ODBC_2.0.0.151_x64.exe
flamerobin-0.9.2-1-setup.exe

All installations OK can I can see the demonstration 'EMPLOYEES' database
in Flamerobin - all looks very promising

Now I would like to set up an ODBC connection so my target users can see
data via Microsoft Excel.

In Control Panel-ODBC Data Source Administrator I have added a System DSN
"Employees" for the employees database and the "Test connection" button
indicates "Connection Successful!". Works for both SYSDBA account and also
for a second account I have set up. Very happy so far!

Next if fire up a blank Excel 2007 workbook and attempt to connect using: