[Firebird-odbc-devel] AUTOREPLY Building on OSX 10.7 - real prere...
u***@gms.info
2012-06-08 20:45:13 UTC
Vielen Dank fr Ihr e-mail.

Ich bin bis 10.6. im Ausland und nur schwer zu erreichen!

In dringenden Fllen wenden Sie sich bitte an unsere Hotline unter ***@gms.info

Ulrich Hutter
Programmierung & Geschftsfhrung
und doppelter stolzer Vater: www.hutter.at/konrad+olivia
GMS Zentrale
5582 St. Michael im Lungau, Katschberg 423
Tel: +43/4734/627 50, Fax: +43/4734/627 51
***@gms.info, www.gms.info
Firma: GMS Hutter GmbH & Co KG, Rechtsform: GmbH & Co KG, Firmensitz: Salzburg, Firmenbuchnummer: FN 172325 w, Firmenbuchgericht: Handelsgericht
Salzburg, DVR: 1042688, Komplementr: Hutter GmbH, Sitz: 5582 St. Michael, Katschberg 423, FB-Gericht Salzburg, FN 196476k
Wichtiger Hinweis: Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- oder Geschftsgeheimnisse oder sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtmlich
erhalten haben, ist Ihnen eine Kenntnisnahme des Inhalts, eine Vervielfltigung oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdrcklich untersagt. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie uns
und vernichten Sie die empfangene E-Mail. Vielen Dank.
Looking over the various mail lists, I don't see any successes building on MacOS. The last thread on the topic was from 2006, and contacting the author via email I learned he never got it working. So I'm trying it. I was able to get considerably further than Brian through a few basic edits...

1) there is no FIREBIRD envar on the Mac, so all of the make machinery that relies on it fails.

-- I manually edited makefile.enviorn to set the FBINCDIR and FBLIBDIR "manually". The examples of manual setting at the top don't work if you put them up there, because the code below will override this change, so you have to set these farther into the body of the make.

2) Firebird's header dir is (obviously) not in PATH or anything similar, so ibase and iberror aren't found

-- this is true even if you, as suggested in 2006, move them into the local header directory. However, a few minor edits from <ibase.h> to "ibase.h" solved this problem.
-- It would seem that placing these files in Headers as part of the SF code base would be a good idea?

3) OdbcConnection.cpp includes "InfoItems.h", which doesn't work

-- I changed this to "IscDbc/InfoItems.h" and it works. Why this doesn't cause problems on other platforms suggests that there's yet another envar that's "covering" for what appears to be a bug.

With those changes I was able to compile through to the end. Unfortunately, the linker then had problems:

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L-lcrypt'
ld: library not found for -lodbcinst

I assume these are what I believe them to be... libcrypt.a and some part of unixodbc that I'm guessing handles the .ini files. So, can anyone provide me with:

1) a *complete* list of the prerequisite libs?

2) advice on how to include these into a Mac build?

I really don't want to end up playing a game of whack-a-mole as each new missing dependancy pops up.

To: firebird-odbc-***@lists.sourceforge.net